Due to the high demand, Microsoft and GitHub have started offering free training and courses to in-demand jobs, discounted Microsoft certifications to validate skills on Linkedin. They also provide best practices for job searching and interview prepping, so you can put your best foot forward.
If you want to improve your skills and get an excellent job for your career, you should take at least one of those free courses. Data analysis, IT administration, financial management, digital marketing, software development, and many more courses are available for you. Moreover, Microsoft also provides an AI job interview to prepare you for a real one.
Get an introduction to the programming skills needed for a career as a software developer. This learning path provides a broad perspective on core technologies for web development, software development, and databases. It introduces common tools and the bigger picture of how development careers work.
- Learn foundations of programming for software development.
- Practice with popular technologies like HTML and CSS.
Learn core concepts and skills necessary in today’s selling environment — from negotiation and closing strategies to selling with authenticity. Recognize that selling is a partnership. Develop your sales skills, people skills, and ability to create emotional engagement and earn others’ trust.
- Learn how you can be a trusted partner in the sales process.
- Identify negotiation and closing strategies that suit you.
- Develop and hone your interpersonal or “soft” skills.
Project managers are catalysts for change. Learn how to manage projects from beginning to end using proven project management techniques. After completing this learning path, you’ll have the skills and knowledge to manage simple projects as well as complex, enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Learn how to effectively manage a project, keeping it on time, on budget, and in scope.
- Practice using Microsoft Project with best practices.
- Develop essential project management skills.
Network administrators play a vital role in managing and maintaining an organization’s computer network. Begin your career in information technology (IT) as a network administrator, and learn the essential skills you’ll need to organize, install, and support a Cisco network.
- Master the networking concepts and skills to support a Cisco network.
- Learn to troubleshoot a Cisco network.
- Configure routers and switches.
Discover how to provide excellent customer service and make your customers feel heard. Develop and sustain great relationships, even when customers get abusive or unruly. Learn skills to listen to customer needs, build rapport with those you’re helping, and turn challenging customers into true allies.
- Build essential listening skills, so your customers feel heard.
- Develop your customer service problem-solving skills.
- Learn to de-escalate challenging situations.
Use your analytical and tactical skills to help grow and develop new business opportunities as a digital marketing specialist. This path guides you through digital marketing’s best practices and principles, from marketing plans and content strategy to SEO and analytics.
- Explore marketing channels like social media and email.
- Practice with hands-on training in Google Analytics and Ads.
- Design marketing materials using the Adobe suite.
Learn the core concepts of PC maintenance to prepare for a job as an IT technician. From deployment, administration, and networking fundamentals for Windows 10 to the basics of PC anatomy and troubleshooting, develop the skills needed to identify and resolve IT issues.
- Develop administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Learn installation best practices for hardware and software.
- Apply new skills to resolve network issues.
8. Become a Data Analyst
Data analysts examine information using data analysis tools and help their teams develop insights and business strategies. You’ll need skills in math, statistics, communications, and working with tools designed to do data analytics and data visualization. Explore this high-demand career.
- Learn the technical skills for data analyst career paths.
- Develop your competencies in high-demand analysis tools.
- Build communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
9. Become a Financial Analyst
A financial analyst evaluates current and historical economic and business data to identify trends that influence business decisions. Gain the skills that make a successful financial analyst, including understanding financial statements, working with economic data, and analytical analysis skills.
- Make business recommendations on investments.
- Read and interpret financial statements.
- Perform fundamental analysis of financial data.
10. Become a Graphic Designer
Graphic designers create visual concepts that inspire, inform, and transform. Use industry-leading tools to build innovative design projects and discover the skills needed to become an in-demand visual thinker and communicator.
- Build a solid foundation in the elements of design: typography, color, and layout.
- Explore the design process to visualize compelling ideas.
- Practice hands-on exercises in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.